The Department of Environmental Science and Technology has established Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Respect (DEIR) goals and priority areas.
ENST Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Respect Plan
This document will serve as a living document, as we continue to refine and enhance our DEIR initiatives and align our priorities with the University of Maryland and College of Agricultural and Natural Resources’ DEIR initiatives and activities. The ENST Community voted 37-0 in favor of these department priority areas during the November 18th, 2020 faculty/staff meeting.
Each of the four priority areas have action items, how each goal will be measured, and who is accountable for ensuring work. The goals and action items are listed below in order of priority. The ENST DEIR priorities areas will be evaluated annually.
In ENST, we seek to:
Prioritize a culture of inclusion within the department as a foundation for implementation of all other goals
Seek grant opportunities to provide funding to sustain new DEIR initiatives within the department
Actively increase the opportunities for DEIR engagement with our students in the department, building upon the current DEIR teaching initiatives already in place
Improve marketing and visibility of our DEIR efforts to enhance the diversity within the department at all levels
Additional Information & Links:
- ENST Department Issues Statement and Action on Confronting Systemic Racism
- AGNR DEIR Plan
- Minorities in Agriculture Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANNRS)
- Summer Opportunities in Agricultural Research and the Environment (SOARE)
- Provide Educational Access to Research & Learning in geoscienceS (PEARLS)
- UMD Office of Diversity & Inclusion (Including Bias Incident Support)